VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Amalfi Coast & Pompeii" Italy Things to Do Tip by cas_twemlow

Italy Things to Do: 1,468 reviews and 2,255 photos

Capri
by cas_twemlow

What can I say! We were there in summer, and although very busy with tourists, the place was so beautiful. Coming from Australia I can definitely appreciate the warmth, clear sunshine and ocean!

Naples is the bigger city; good for all the usual stuff - shopping, restaurants etc. It's by the sea and ferry's to Capri / Anacapri are regular.

A day trip to Capri / Anacapri is a definite must if you're down that way. Capri has a beach, great views to the mainland, they sell theri own limoncello (yum! - must buy!) and sell the common painted tiles you find everywhere down the Amalfi Coast.

Sorrento is great for a spot of shopping especially if you like the inlaid wood creations they produce down there - I got a lovely jewellery box that plays 'Torna Sorrento' when you open it!

If you're down there definitely go out to Pompeii. We spent half a day out there and I was truely amazed at what I saw!

Directions: ~4 hours south of Rome along the coast. Pompeii is about an hour inland from Naples.

• Updated Apr 7, 2004

More Things to Do in Italy (1)

Comments

cas_twemlow

“An experience is worth every penny!”

Have you been to Italy?