"The Most Beautiful River!" Top 5 Page for this destination Waikato Tip by kiwi
Waikato, New Zealand: 2 reviews and 2 photos
In the heart of the Waikato Region, South of Matamata, is the absolutely gorgeous Waihou River walk. Open to the public, you can walk alongside and view the very picturesque springs.
Between Tauranga and Putaruru, take Hwy 28, Whites Road. There is a carpark near the intersection with Leslie Rd, and another at the end of the walk, up Leslie Road, both signposted. Best to have two vehicles and leave one at both ends, or you need to walk the return to your car.
The walk is 5.2 kilometers long and takes around 1.5 hrs one way.
View more photos on my page about this lovely place: Waihou River.
More Off The Beaten Path in New Zealand (7)
More Reviews (76)
- See All Canoe Regatta
- See All Free Wifi around NZ
- See All Camping on Side of Road
- See All Nakedbus.com Cheapest travel around NZ.
- See All Visit White Island an active volcano.
- See All Beer unique to New Zealand
- See All No such thing as a short-beaked kiwi.
- See All Bungy Jump at the home of all Bungy!!
- See All Camp grounds and holiday parks.
- See All Between Hamilton and Rotorua
- Respect the Sun's Powers at all times!
Been to New Zealand?Share your travels with the world!
kiwi's Related Pages
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels