Windhoek Country Club Resort: "Luscious green luxury in the middle of the desert" Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Hotel Tip by GillianMcLaughlin

Namibia Hotels: 174 reviews and 264 photos

Windhoek Country Resort - pool area
by GillianMcLaughlin

My friend?s cousin who lives in Cape Town works for a small chain of exclusive hotels. She managed to get us a deal on their hotel in Windhoek for our first night at the modest cost of around US$ 30 for the night. We turned up and found ourselves in the lap of luxury, the likes of which I had never experienced in my life.

I couldn't say that this is the hotel I would have sought out for myself, but for the price we paid, even I could put up with a bit of pampering!

Unique Qualities: The Windhoek Country Club is a green oasis that has sprouted in the scrubland on the outskirts of the town. It offers everything for the discerning traveller: very comfortable rooms which open directly onto the Flintstone-like pool area (see photo), an amazing restaurant offering an outstanding hot buffet (including a do-it-yourself stir-fry cooked fresh), extremely polite and welcoming staff, golf course, putting green, bowling green, 2 floodlit tennis courts, swimming pool? there?s even a casino!

The hotel runs a shuttle service into Windhoek

Address: Near Eros Airport
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: South of the city centre - see map

Phone: +264 61 205 5911
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Apr 3, 2004

“This land is your land and this land is my land, sure, but the world is run by those that never listen to music anyway.”

Have you been to Namibia?