"Need a horse? Hit a horse!" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Vieques Local Custom Tip by PA2AKgirl

Isla de Vieques Local Customs: 4 reviews and 3 photos

I know what I'm getting Steph for Christmas!
by PA2AKgirl

Now, I don't know how accurate this is, but I have seen the horses, I have seen the damage to the vehicles, and I have seen people claim the horses as their own, tie them up to their cars, to their porches, ride them into town, everything. Oh, I've seen it all when it comes to wild horses in Vieques (not true, I just wanted to sound like an authority on all things equestrian)

Point of this tip is, rumor has it, if you hit a horse while driving on the road, and it's not branded, you can claim it. I don't know how easy it is to train a wild horse (would the word still be feral? or is that just in reference to cats?) but I can't imagine it's a simple task. Lots of sayings about wild horses (well, I know of one, really) and they seem pretty strong willed.

I thought about it and it would be hard to get the horse home if I traveled to PR and hit a horse while driving in Vieques. I wonder if the same thing applies with the wild cattle that are all over the place there.

But, just remember, the option is there if you hit a horse while driving on the road in Vieques.

• Written Apr 1, 2004

Comments

PA2AKgirl

“A pet should not have a wardrobe”

Have you been to Isla de Vieques?