"Gas in the city" Detroit Tourist Trap Tip by sarah00

Detroit Tourist Traps: 6 reviews and 3 photos

Don't be heading into the city and think oh I'll just get gas when I get there. There are not very many gas stations and the ones that we do have I wouldn't want you stopping at. Plus it's pretty expensive. I know gas is expensive everywhere but you have a better bet of getting gas in one of the outlying suburbs.

Unique Suggestions: If you end up needing gas just lock you're doors while you go in to pay. Also there maybe (depending on where you are) a good chance you'll be asked for some change by a passerby so be prepared to hand it out or know what you're going to say as to why you're not going to give him any thing.

Fun Alternatives: If you're on I75 and heading south out of the city stop at Outerdrive, there's a BP there. If you're heading North on I75 you can get off on Warren (its right near WSU) so it's fairly nice gas station. Or if you're past that, go to 9 mile or even 11 mile to get gas.

As for I94 I'm not that familiar with east of the city but if you're heading West out of the city you can get off on Outerdrive and head into Melvindale. (That's where I went to high school)

• Updated Apr 9, 2004

Comments

sarah00 Lives Here!

sarah00

“I want to go everywhere”

Have you been to Detroit?