"Hawkes Bay, East Coast of the North Island." Top 5 Page for this destination Hawkes Bay Tip by kiwi
Hawkes Bay, New Zealand: 3 reviews and 5 photos
TeMata Peak is a beautiful part of the country not always visited by overseas tourists. It is out of Hastings, but in the photo you can see over to the gorgeous coast and the city of Napier. This general area known as Hawkes Bay is very warm and sunny. It's just that it's not exactly on the way to anywhere. Well worth going off the beaten path to visit though.
Napier City is famous for it's array of Art Deco buildings. There are many of them and it seems the city is completely of that era, this came about because it had to rebuilt after a devastating earthquake that almost levelled the complete town.
More Off The Beaten Path in New Zealand (7)
More Reviews (76)
- See All Canoe Regatta
- See All Free Wifi around NZ
- See All Camping on Side of Road
- See All Nakedbus.com Cheapest travel around NZ.
- See All Visit White Island an active volcano.
- See All Beer unique to New Zealand
- See All No such thing as a short-beaked kiwi.
- See All Bungy Jump at the home of all Bungy!!
- See All Camp grounds and holiday parks.
- See All Between Hamilton and Rotorua
- Respect the Sun's Powers at all times!
Been to New Zealand?Share your travels with the world!
kiwi's Related Pages
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels