"Meeting There Too Often!" Top 5 Page for this destination Desmond Hotel Tip by Bwana_Brown

Desmond Hotel, Albany: 686 reviews and 1 photos

A Side View of the Desmond
by Bwana_Brown

It was an OK hotel - the rooms were nice and the bed was very comfortable. There is an indoor enclosed courtyard (probably because of the long and cold winters) but the establishment is nothing fantastic to write home about. When we first went there in September, 2002, my wife was annoyed by the fact that she could not use the pool because you are not allowed to swim by yourself even if you are an adult (update: this is a NY state law!). Also, on check-in, there was a mix-up with getting my credit card to 'take' (no problems anywhere else that I have stayed). I later found out that it never did work and that my charges ended up on another account (although they never told me this at the hotel). Frankly, for half the price, we more enjoyed the smaller hotels that we stayed in during our trip to the Lake Placid area before arriving in Albany. I actually had to go back to the Desmond again in March, 2004 for another meeting and, when I tried to book my room this time, they still had the old credit card number in their records. I had it corrected over the telephone before I went the next time to my March/04 meeting !!

Address: 660 Albany Shaker Rd, Albany, NY 12211
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: At Exit 4 off Interstate-87 highway
Phone: 1-800-448-3500
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.desmondhotelsalbany.com

• Updated Apr 18, 2004

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Have you been to Albany?