"Walk the Promenade des Anglais" Top 5 Page for this destination Promenade des Anglais Tip by NiceLife
Promenade des Anglais, Nice: 49 reviews and 73 photos
The Promenade des Anglais - so called because it was built in the 1820's by the English community in Victorian times - runs along the Baie des Anges from the Coline du Chateau up to the airport some six kilometres away, alongside the six lane highway lined with palms.
You can walk all the way and back in around three hours. If your feet can take it, your heart will thank you for it. On the way admire the belle epoche hotels and apartments, or just drink in the azure blue sea and sky.
It was outside the Negresco in 1927 that Isadora Duncan met her untimely end courtesy of the wheels of her Bugatti. The three white Pergolas opposite date from the 1930's. The famous blue chairs appeared in the late forties, only to disappear last year and make a comeback, welded together
At weekends in high season crowds throng in their thousands to the Prom. Street entertainers to divert you momentarily from one of the finest people watching opportunities in Nice. Glamorous Italian couples, haughty Parisians, eccentric retired Nicios dressed forty years too young, rollerbladers, joggers, bikers, families, everyone just taking a stroll down the Prom.
Address: Sea front Nice
More Things to Do in Nice (38)
More Reviews (151)
- See All New bus tariffs from May 3rd, 2013
- See All Promenades des Anglais (2005) Olivier...
- See All Riviera Road Safety and two wheels
- See All At last - beer at sensible prices - with...
- See All Why shopkeepers are suspicious of you
- See All Love to walk in the sky? :Grande...
- See All Temperature around the year in Nice
- See All Well recommended by the many Scots...
- See All Power-assisted para-flying thingumy
- See All Where to see big French and...
- See All Nice Etoile
- See All You came here to get away from this, no?
NiceLife's Related Pages
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels