"Blonde gals are popular here" Kusadasi Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Arial_27

Kusadasi Warnings and Dangers: 12 reviews and 4 photos

I had this problem when I was in Greece, with a lot of men staring at me and flirting with me. (It happends to a lot of tourist women.) However, I personally found it to be a lot worse in Turkey. Before arriving here, all the girls with me on this school trip were told specifically NOT to wear any tank tops, belly tops, or anything that showed any skin. A lot of the men here tend to be VERY forward. I can see why tank tops were not allowed. My friends and I couldn't even walk two feet without a man pulling us by the wrists to come into the store or by whistling, making sexual remarks or touching our arms and shoulders. One man tried to kiss my friend, and asked her to marry him. You don't need to necessarily be rude to these men. Most of them just know you are a tourist and want your attention. Others just want you to spend money in their store. If you're not interested, just simply looking straight forward and saying "NO thank you" without looking back is fine. If you smile or laugh to be polite, they may take it as a friendly gesture and suspect that you're interested in their store, or them.

• Updated May 5, 2007

Comments

Arial_27

“On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.”

Have you been to Kusadasi?