"Great, if only they had a license!" Top 5 Page for this destination Cervantes Tapas Bar Tip by acemj

Cervantes Tapas Bar, Dubrovnik: 1 reviews and 1 photos

Since it was literally right below my room, I decided to check out this bar. It bills itself as a Spanish Tapas Bar, but because the kitchen is a few centimeters too short to meet the city code and get the proper license, they are unable to serve anything beyond drinks and a cheese, prust and bread plate. They literally only had one Spanish wine (Torres, Sangre de Toro), but I enjoyed sampling some good Croatian vinos. The interior is small, but really warm and cozy.

The bartender on the night I was there was a Canadian guy named Vlaho. His father is from Croatia and Vlaho was studying in an American run university program in Dubrovnik. After hanging out for awhile, a couple older guys wandered in and Vlaho started talking with them. Then, he handed me another glass of wine and said it was from the gentleman on my right. I looked over at him, and Vlaho said, "meet my dad!" We ended up hanging out awhile and had a great time talking about life in both North America and in Croatia.

Theme: Eating and Drinking

• Updated Mar 23, 2004

Comments

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”

Have you been to Dubrovnik?