"Belmonte" Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Off The Beaten Path Tip by ncfg
Portugal Off The Beaten Path: 322 reviews and 400 photos
Belmonte, 27 km south of Guarda, is the birthplace of Pedro Alvares Cabral, who discovered Brazil in 1500.
It is a beautiful town with lots of monuments to see, specially the Castle and the old churches. You can find there as well a Synagogue.
Belmonte was officially recognised as a municipality in 1199.
More Reviews (81)
- See All A cruise on the River Douro
- See All 4* hotel in Lisbon
- See All Maybe the best Pizza I ever ate
- See All Bullfighting in Portugal
- See All Where to get money
ncfg's Related Pages
Have you been to Portugal?Share Your Travels