Jukebox Diner: "Not at all American restaurant" Top 5 Page for this destination Jukebox Diner Tip by matcrazy1

Jukebox Diner, Berlin: 1 reviews and 1 photos

JUKEBOX IN JUKEBOX DINER RESTAURANT
by matcrazy1

The restaurant interior didn't look very pretty for me, designed in American style of 50' (back to 50'? really?, I am not old enough :-) with large jukebox dominating. They played the music from 50' there.

It was not at all American restaurant. Look, the waiter knew one basic word in English - "OK" (not so bad :-) and the menu was neither in American nor in... Spanish but in German. It was cheap and large resturant with quite many locals inside. They ordered either pizza (rather Italian food) or only a drink/beer there - draught German Bitburger beer.
The restaurant had
HAPPY HOUR:
for all coctails on Sunday - Thursday 7pm - 11pm
and daily 12pm - 8pm for:
Cheeseburger - 4.90 ?
Enchilada - 5.99 ?
Spare Ribs - 5.99 ?

But we were not hungry. Urszula ordered a juice from fresh oranges and it tasted OK :-). I ordered only coffee with milk (I wanted large one, they had one size - medium = small for me haha) and the milk was in small plastic round boxes (hmm... I don't like it).
Never mind,
I can't complain, we had a great fun there, joking, planing next part of our walking tour and watching various "interesting" natives. I think it could be eventually nice place for evening (many) beers for a group of enjoyable, budget travelers.

Favorite Dish: Nothing special: fresh orange juice. Next time I would eventually try how German spare ribs taste (for 5.99 ? 12pm - 8pm).

Address: Nollendorfplatz 3/4, Schöneberg, 10777 Berlin
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: In western part of Nollendorfplatz (square), at the corner of Kleiststraße and Motzstraße.
Phone: +49 (30) 23 63 82 03
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 2
Theme: American

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

• Updated Oct 23, 2006

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Berlin?