"Rubenesque sensuality ..." Parks, Gardens, & Squares Tip by Norali

Parks, Gardens, & Squares, Paris: 62 reviews and 76 photos

Favorite thing: On Jardins des Tuileries... We visited les Jardins after the exhibition at Louvres, my head still busy dealing with this "philtre" thingy. We were strolling in the park, enjoying it: the fountains, the benches and the statues. I found those statues beautiful. I especially like the women statues: round hips, some flesh on backside, some chin... You said "rubenesque" ?

It was at that moment when I said to my aunt and her bf: "Look ! This resembles Aunt My". Aunt My is another sister of my Mum. My aunt laughed, her bf too.. and she threatened to tell Aunt My about what I said. I thought it was a compliment to resemble those statues, but seems not. Oh well...

Fondest memory: Seeing statues of sensual and pulpy women in Paris parks and streets was nice and unusual for the Malagasy girl I was. Beauty everywhere. Things that Parisians don't notice anymore, they got used to it. But me, tourist, I noticed it, yes.

Again, as I said earlier, PDAs are not Malagasy's forte. Nudity either, at least not in the streets. You wouldn't find displayed, in Tana streets for instance, the sensuality of nude statues either. Sensuality, the charm of people lies in the reserve there. Yes.. I saw and learnt.

• Updated Sep 13, 2004

Comments

Norali

“Natural Highs Only ;-)”