"A Cheap Place to Stay" Heritage House Hostel Tip by Cashee
Heritage House Hostel, Halifax: 86 reviews and 3 photos
I stayed in this place for a couple of months and met a whole lot of nice people.
There are several different options at this place:
- private room (they don't have many so book ahead of time)
- 2 bunk room - 10 bunk room
Good things to know :
-areas of the hostel are divided up for a non-co-ed stay
-some rooms have a private washroom (including shower) and others have shared washrooms
-bedding is provided
- there's no cerfew
- it's right in the heart of the city ... close to the train station, the waterfront, shopping, and within walking distace to all of the bars
- there are group activites to take part in such as day trips, and pub crawls
- everyone is really friendly
Unique Qualities: There is a shared kitchen.
You can choose your own little shelf on the wall, and your own spot in the fridge to keep your food (just put your name on it so they know not to toss it... or eat it).
There is also a shared lounge with a couple of couches, a couple of pay internet kiosks, and a tv.
Next door there is a pub so you won't have far to stumble before you reach your bed (mostly older people frequent that pub though so I sugest you venture a little further walk than next door).
Address: 1253 Barrington Street, , Halifax, Province of Nov
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: South End of Halifax (a 2 minute walking distace from the train station - just turn right and walk down Barrington until you see the sign).
Phone: (902) 422-3863
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (74)
- See All Farmers' Market
- Pizza Corner
- See All Citadel Hill Historic Site
- See All Pot Paraphernalia
Cashee's Related Pages
Have you been to Halifax?Share Your Travels