"National Childrens Homes" United Kingdom Favorite Tip by LouiseTopp
United Kingdom General: 620 reviews and 470 photos
Favorite thing: NCH helps the lives of the UK's most susceptible children and young people by offering them varied, novel and receptive services and by campaigning for change.
Their projects are various because they are developed in answer to local needs. They fall into three broad titles categories.
For children at risk they give:
• family centers that specialize in serving families where there is a child protection concern
• Sexual abuse treatment centers
• residential, foster care and adoption services for children in care
• schools for children with special educational needs.
• For families in need of support we provide:
• neighborhood family and community centres
• short break projects that support disabled children and their families
• projects for young carers
• child-focused mediation for divorcing and separating parents
• services for young children including the government initiative Sure Start.
• For vulnerable young people we provide:
• leaving care services
• Youth justice projects
• youth homelessness projects
• Plans project to prevent school exclusions and truancy.
Fondest memory: NCH relies on the support of people across the United Kingdom to help them make a difference to the lives of vulnerable kids, young people and their families. For more information about NCH's activities in your area, please contact their Support Helpline on 08457 626 579 (lo-call number, open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday).
More General in United Kingdom (4)
More Reviews (4)
LouiseTopp's Related Pages
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels