"Venus" Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava Tourist Trap Tip by Skipka

Bratislava Tourist Traps: 31 reviews and 25 photos

venus
by Skipka

Well, honestly to tell a story about the Venus and me :) Bratislava Castle has special exhibition of "golden treasure" all is around the Great Moravian Empire ;) For those who want to have historical explanation should read some serious books. I don't want to write essays here. As I mentioned this exhibition right above this chapter, there is the highlight - Venus. This small statue of woman (well in this century all women with such a body hurry up to fitness and on diet, or those impatient to surgery :)) is presented in every single book and I remember it from the exercise books in History lessons. So, when they finally opened the museum I ran there to see it. I entered nice interior full of great highlights but coundn't find the Venus. I circled the whole area 4 times and bodyguards started to look strange on me... then I simply asked: "Where is the Venus?" They all standing there made such an awesome face and show me the place right behind me, glass triangle with tons of lights around. Well, I looked at it and still couldn't see the Venus. Then at the top of smaller triangle inside I saw the mini funny statue such as taken from Kinder surprise and then rolled in mud and other dirties ;) I was SHOCKED. Such a small statue and that high historical value... That was real tourist trap. Since that I don't believe to pictures at all ;) Everything is different when you see it on your own eyes...

• Written Mar 14, 2004

More Tourist Traps in Bratislava (1)

Comments

Skipka Lives Here!

Skipka

“Roads are for journey not a destination”

Have you been to Bratislava?