"Marble floor at the Taj Mahal" India Off The Beaten Path Tip by SirRichard
India Off The Beaten Path: 281 reviews and 338 photos
One of my nicest memories of the Taj Mahal were the marble floors.
I had never seen such huge white marble tiles outdoors. All around the main building there is a huge terrace tiled with big marble squares. Walking around barefoot is a nice refreshing experience in the heat of Agra's summer. Being stepped by so many barefeet made the marbles incredibly soft, so I enjoyed very much lying down on the floor (see pic) while I watched the people pass by.
More Reviews (49)
- Beaches along the west coast
- See All Raincoat or umbrella?
- See All Palolem Beach Stall (Goa)
- Anjuna FleaMarket (Goa)
- See All The "blue waves" of Goa
- See All Drive a rickshaw!
- See All Palace of Winds facade for women
- See All Jantar Mantar (Jaipur's Observatory)
- See All Crowds in Varanasi
- See All City Palace (Jaipur)
- See All Palolem Beach Resort (Palolem, Goa)
Monsoon is an...
SirRichard's Related Pages
Have you been to India?Share Your Travels