Tandoor: "The is one Romantic Indian......" Tandoor Indian Restaurant Tip by MaosRedArmy

Tandoor Indian Restaurant, Shanghai: 6 reviews and 2 photos

When I first entered the front door of Tandoor, I was pleasantly surprised by the interior design. From the "tunnel" you walk through to get to the main dining room, to the beatiful interior, you feel like you have been transported to somewhere in India.

However, when you taste the food, and then get the bill, you realize someone has to pay for the lovely decor and attentive service. I have tried many Indian restaurants in my day, and I can honestly say that, although the food was not bad by any measure, the taste and flavor versus the total price did not stack up.

If you can handle average Indian food and very steep prices or if you are on an expense account and want to be pampered (or pamper your client) with a beautiful experience, then Tandoor is the ticket.

Me ? I will be trying other Indian restaurants around Shanghai before I give Tandoor another visit.

Favorite Dish: It was all average. Tried Chicken Tikka Masala, Palak Panner, Samosas, Rice, and Chana Masala.

Address: 59 Mao Ming Road (S)
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: across the park from the Jin Jiang Hotel
Phone: 6472 5494 or 6258 2582
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 3
Theme: Indian

• Written Mar 8, 2004

Comments

MaosRedArmy

“American Express.... Never leave home without it !”

Have you been to Shanghai?