VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Blue Star Ferries" Top 5 Page for this destination Chania Transportation Tip by Jmill42

Chania Transportation: 17 reviews and 21 photos

Blue Star Ferries is the comany that I used to leave from Hania to Athens. They are generally really good, and clean ferries. But, it did seem like I lucked out having the newer ferries of the fleet. I have heard some horror stories about Greek ferries, but I can not say that I had a bad experience with any of the companies I used.

Blue Star does not have free hostel-type dorm beds as Super Fast Ferries did. But, what I did every time with Blue Star was to buy a deck class ticket, and be early to line up to board. Being one of the first ones on the ship allows you to rush on and pick a bench or chair inside the lobby or restaurants. NO ONE can make you move if you are in one of these seats! It worked like a charm every time. So, if you are looking to cut costs, or are the normal backpacker, save some money here and get the cheapest ticket possible and arrive early.

Mode: TO
othercontact: 30-210-4119171 Pireaus Agent
Phone: 30-28210-75444 Hania Agent
Type: Ship/Boat

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

Jmill42

“Live With Passion!”