"Always Good to Have Your Own Wheels" Top 5 Page for this destination Surrey Transportation Tip by Bwana_Brown

Surrey Transportation: 6 reviews and 7 photos

Our Ford Mondeo Zetec Rental (Hire Car)
by Bwana_Brown

I reserved our rental car (over the internet via 'Expedia.ca' on Jan. 2) from Hertz, requesting an economy car at a rate of 122 pounds/week (US$225) with a daily rate of 17 pounds (US$32). When we landed at Heathrow, we did not have to wait long at the Hertz counter before we were served by the only lady on-duty at about 9:30 AM. I gave her my paperwork and she phoned over to the main rental area for them to get back to her with the details of which exact vehicle we would be receiving. Since there was no-one else waiting, we chatted away quite pleasantly on a number of subjects while we waited for the return call. After a some time, I suggested that maybe she should call again to see what was happening. She agreed that it was a good idea and, after hanging up, she said - 'you know, you have been waiting quite some time - I think that I will give you an upgrade'! Hey, a nice conversation and a bonus to boot! Later on, I saw one of the small Fiat cars that we would have received and was very thankful that things worked out the way they did! The car was great, plenty of power, great luggage room, smooth and well-handling. We put 1200 miles on it in the course of our excursion. The price of gasoline (petrol) in the UK was about 2.5 times higher than in Canada, but that is normal so no worries there! This photo was taken about 450 miles into the trip in the parking lot at Anne Hathaway's cottage (Shakespeare's wife) at Stratford-upon-Avon. The final bill was 260 pounds (US$480) by the time all the extras were added in - and this was without any additional insurance of any kind.

Mode: AROUND
Type: Car/Motor Home

• Updated Mar 6, 2004

Comments

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Have you been to Surrey?