"Isola Tiberina" Isola Tiberina Tip by Jmill42
Isola Tiberina, Rome: 26 reviews and 43 photos
This island is only linked to the city by two bridges: the Ponte Fabricio, erected in 62 B.C. which is still almost intact today and the Ponte Cestio. (46 B.C.)
Some ancient buildings can still be seen, like the Caetani tower and the church of San Bartolomeo, which was built on the site of the temple of Esculapius. Nothing of the 10th century church remains. It is only the work from rebuilding done in the 17th century.
Directions: Neighborhood: Centro Storico
More Reviews (45)
- See All Cheap Suit
- See All Villa Adriana
- See All Excellent Tea, Cafe and Cuisine
- See All Jogging
- See All Another Spectacular View of Rome
- See All Driving in Italy...
- See All THE Most Posh Hotel in Rome
- See All Good Nightclub
- See All Leonardo da Vinci Airport (Fiumicino) ...
- Why the Heck is Everyone Speaking...
Been to Rome?Share your travels with the world!
Jmill42's Related Pages
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels