"La Conciergerie" Conciergerie Tip by GUYON
Conciergerie, Paris: 75 reviews and 182 photos
It is the more ancient part of the Kings palace remaining in this place.
It have been transformed into a prison and during the French Revolution it sheltered many famous persons like Robespierre, Charlotte Corday (she murdered Marat) and the Queen Marie Antoinette. The horse car picked up the comdamned to bring them to the guillotine which worked on place de la Concorde.
Do not miss :
- a very large medieval hall with columns in the ground floor.
- the Marie Antoinette jail with the famous screen, the former queen was not allowed to stay alone and there were 2 soldiers permanently
- the list of the 2700 persons beheaded during the "Terror".
Open daily : 9:30AM - 6PM
Price : 7.50 euros
A single ticket can be delivered for Sainte Chapelle (see in the fravelogues) and la Conciergerie.
Address: 1 Quai de l'Horloge 1 arrt entrance blvd du Palais
Directions: On Ile de la Cite.
Metro Cite or Chatelet.
There is an underground parking just in front the palace.
othercontact: Fax 3126.96.36.199.36
Phone: 331 43 54 30 06
More Things to Do in Paris (29)
More Reviews (154)
- See All How to become a parisian in one hour
- See All Cafe de l'Homme
- See All Creperie Bretonne à Paris
- See All Again, a budget hotel
- See All Rent a bicycle (city of Paris)
- See All Avenue Frochot
GUYON's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels