Anthony's Town House: "probably ok but unreliable hotel" Boston Hotel Tip by Jozzzef

Boston Hotels: 311 reviews and 300 photos

I called some days before going to Boston and they were not sure whether they had a room but invited me to come and they would make sure i got a room with them or hotels they knew. As I was already travelling I accepted. Upon arrival (you guessed it) there was no vacancy and they immediatly started arranging a deal over the phone. Our instinct was to bail out but they proposed a room in the Beacon Plaza, referred to as an OK Familyhotel in our guide so we accepted. The people from Anthony's met us at the Beacon Plaza, gave us the key and we paid to them. We stayed there for three nights WITHOUT SEEING ANOTHER SOUL! a pretty strange experience. On the last day an older man (the owner?) emerged from a room, said hello an allowed us to leave our bagage there so we could pick it up on the way to the airport. the Beacon Plaza felt a little run-down. We didn't have any trouble though but it was a strange experinece I would like to avoid in the future.

Unique Qualities: As stated above we didn't stay in this hotel. It certainly looked tidy and they probably meant well...

Address: Beacon Street 1085, Brooklin
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: It takes a while to figure out but can easily be reached by public transport. Hawkes Station is right in front of the building.
Phone: 566 3972
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Mar 9, 2004

More Hotels in Boston (1)

“"It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously." Sir Peter Ustinov”

Have you been to Boston?