"Skopje" Republic of Macedonia Things to Do Tip by johnsakura

Republic of Macedonia Things to Do: 160 reviews and 489 photos

skopje FYR of Macedonia Muslim street
by johnsakura

The capital. This city is very small for a country's capital but since the country itself only has about 2 milion people, i say is pretty big then. I got very nervous getting to Macedonia dns Skopje for the first time. Afer the first minutes on the train station trying to go to the youth hostel my opinion already had changed and it wasnt so bad as I though. Pople always have the wrong impression after a country has a war or something. The thing is that you actually just need to pay atention to stuff and will be ok. The old bridge is amazing, the Natural Museum is something you should visit, the cross upon th hill a,d for sure a must is the old muslim part ful of action and shops.
The mixture Cristianity and Islam is felt in the ccity and basicly all over the country in the parts I visit of course.
Movie theatres are not doubled so you can enjoy movies in english which can be good if you just want to chill out for a while and come back to reality. The Balkan area is indeed different from the rest of Europe.

My page on Skopje

My travelogues on Skopje:

People in Skopje
Child in Bus from Skopje to Ohrid
Street girl in Skopje
More people in Skopje

I hope you enjoy.

Directions: click on the upper link to go to my pages and travelogues on Skopje.

• Written Mar 2, 2004

More Things to Do in Republic of Macedonia (1)