"The Olympic Museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Sports & Outdoors Tip by Saagar
Lillehammer Sports & Outdoors: 10 reviews and 8 photos
Not exactly a must-see og -do sports activity per se, but nevertheless, the Haakons Hall ice hockey venue for the Lillehammer '94 Games also houses the Norwegian Olympic Museum. Lots of collections from Norway's Olympic history and events and technology that changed sports in general. Medal collections etc. There is a special section of the Lillehammer '94 Games that runs along the galllery of the hall. You get to see selected films and a look at the ice hockey facility as well. There is a good lunch restaurant near the entrance if some of your party tires easily of this sort of thing...
A souvenir store, also at the entrance continue to sell Lillehammer Olympic memorabilia 10 years after. Outside, there is a coin-operated simulator that takes you on a ski ride down the Kvitfjell Olympic downhill course or the bobsleigh run.
Equipment: Cash for the entrance fee...
Address: Haakons Hall, Nordseter street.
Directions: Walk uphill from the Storgaten/ Mesna bridge square, and after 15 minutes along the Nordseter street you should be at the sports complex. Choose the biggest hall...
Theme: Sports Watching
More Sports & Outdoors in Lillehammer (7)
More Reviews (71)
- See All The Vehichle Museum - old cars
- See All Night itinerary in Lillehammer city...
- Storgaten - the main street pedestrian...
- See All Very popular among motorists and locals
- See All Blåmann for variety and taste
- See All Designer outerwear, fishing and hunting
- See All By ship to/from Lillehammer
- See All The Mesna River in winter
- Lillehammer was always a tourist trap
- Cold in Lillehammer...
- See All Drunks past midnight in more than one...
- See All The "spark"
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Lillehammer?Share Your Travels