"Arch of Titus" Roman Forum - Arch of Titus Tip by Jmill42
Roman Forum - Arch of Titus, Rome: 38 reviews and 84 photos
The Arch of Titus was built in 81 AD, and commemorates the conquest of Jerusalem by some guy named Titus 11 years earlier.
It is famous for its engraved frieze showing Roman soldiers carrying a Jewish "Menorah" (seven branches chandelier) as a war trophy. Also on top is an engraving with the fanous SPQR.
"The Senate and People of Rome."
More Reviews (45)
- See All Cheap Suit
- See All Villa Adriana
- See All Excellent Tea, Cafe and Cuisine
- See All Jogging
- See All Another Spectacular View of Rome
- See All Driving in Italy...
- See All THE Most Posh Hotel in Rome
- See All Good Nightclub
- See All Leonardo da Vinci Airport (Fiumicino) ...
- Why the Heck is Everyone Speaking...
Been to Rome?Share your travels with the world!
Jmill42's Related Pages
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels