"Jotunheimen mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Things to Do Tip by Saagar
Norway Things to Do: 771 reviews and 1,349 photos
Easy to reach, easy to sample, great mountains. Go there in any season provided you are well equipped except from late autumn through January (dark, short days, a bit too isolated).
You can take a day trip from the road or hike around for weeks. Check maps, and info sources and plan well if you want to do a serious hike. The eastern part has more benign mountains and better climate, the western is more dramatic and has less developed infrastructure (trails, hikers' cabins, footbridges).
Address: The highest mountain area in Southern Norway
Directions: Travel north from Oslo via Valdres/Tyin, via Lillehammer and Heidal, or Otta and Lom.
Travel from Bergen via the Sognefjord and Aardal, or Nordfjord for the sightseeing part en route. Travel from the north via Geiranger or Otta through Heidal or Lom.
More Things to Do in Norway (34)
More Reviews (127)
- See All Re what currency to bring to Norway
- See All Hiking on the cheap - base camp in Oslo
- See All In the heart of Jotunheimen
- See All Best chocolate in Norway:
- See All A guide to 445 Norwegian harbours
- See All Cheap air tickets to/from Norway
- See All Cheapest beer in Norway
- See All Drinking and alcohol in Norway
- See All Norwegian State Railways Oslo to Gjøvik
- See All Bring drinks!
- See All Tired of E6? Divert over...
- Nightlife, ship, hotel, restaurant and...
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Norway?Share Your Travels