Lompen Senteret: "The Svalbard sweater" Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Shopping Tip by Saagar
Svalbard Shopping: 16 reviews and 18 photos
There are just a few shops in Longyearbyen. You will soon find the ones that have the Svalbard Sweater.
I bought mine at a sports clothes store in the Lompen Senteret, to the left as you walk in there.
What to buy: The Svalbard Sweater (Actually, it's Devold's Nansen Model) is a fairly regular sweater, but remains the traditional garment of Svalbard. Double knit, strong wool, not very cheap, but definitely a long-life item that you will use if will A) boast of your recent travel to 78 degrees north or B) continue to visit colder climes of the globe.
What to pay: 890 NOK for a zippered high collar one, slightly less for the round neck ones.
More Reviews (128)
- See All The Pub I never got into
- See All Packing for a weekend on Svalbard
- See All Things to do during a Svalbard weekend
- See All Weekend offers
- See All Svalbard Airport Longyear - LYR: latest...
- See All Organisations, business, culture on...
- See All Carrying guns while shopping - bad taste
- See All Football on Svalbard
- See All Gun rental for polar bear protection
- See All Compulsory insurance off the beaten path
- See All Tourist map of Spitzbergen and the...
- See All A drink in the snow
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Svalbard?Share Your Travels
Svalbard Arctic Sport/Skandinavisk HøyfjellsutstyrTop quality sports gear for Svalbard
Høyfjellspesialisten, SvalbardbutikkenBroad range outdoor equipment store
Storø Skinnsøm SpitsbergenLocal seal fur clothing
Isblink ASGood discounts sports clothes
Paulsen SportSkis, guns & ammo, boots and Bergans specialist