"Downside of public transportation" Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Transportation Tip by Saagar
Norway Transportation: 216 reviews and 187 photos
Yes, I like public transportation as a principle and in practice, but there are some annoying hitches that come with it.
Rail travel in Norway is frequently delayed - put in a time margin if you are heading for an airport and have a plane to catch. Outside the summer, the railways are sometimes delayed by adverse climate and environmental conditions: avalanches, rock fall, migrating herds of reindeer, deep snowdrifts etc.
Transport companies sometimes show a stiff upper lip and are less service-oriented than you shopuld expect. The basic principle is always to ask for your connections in order to ensure they take some responsibility for actually stopping where you want to get off, or even telling you, or to tell you of alternatives should there be delays and missed connections.
More Transportation in Norway (32)
More Reviews (129)
- See All Hurtigruten cruise in 5 minutes - save...
- See All Re what currency to bring to Norway
- See All Hiking on the cheap - base camp in Oslo
- See All In the heart of Jotunheimen
- See All Best chocolate in Norway:
- See All Cheap air tickets to/from Norway
- See All Cheapest beer in Norway
- See All Drinking and alcohol in Norway
- See All Norwegian State Railways Oslo to Gjøvik
- See All Bring drinks!
- See All Tired of E6? Divert over...
- Nightlife, ship, hotel, restaurant and...
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Norway?Share Your Travels