"Include the coastal express liner in your plans!" Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Transportation Tip by Saagar
Norway Transportation: 216 reviews and 187 photos
The typically advertised prices of cruises along the coast by the coastal express liner could scare most people from ever trying it. But it is actually the coastal volkswagen and bus for the coastal communities. The cruise prices normally include full board and bed in a two-berth room. For shorter rides you will not need any of this, in fact the coastal express liner is completely a la carte. You can pre-book, or just walk up to the ship at the pier and ask for a ticket to the next city or whatever. To ensure a bed, however, prebooking is essential in the summer. Outside the main tourist season - when Norwegians also peter back into the country and start working again - the price levels of the coast express liner drop, so spring and early autumn travels might be a somewhat cheaper cruise option, too. In the winter, the coastal express liner is mainly for those with special interest!
More Transportation in Norway (32)
More Reviews (129)
- See All Hurtigruten cruise in 5 minutes - save...
- See All Re what currency to bring to Norway
- See All Hiking on the cheap - base camp in Oslo
- See All In the heart of Jotunheimen
- See All Best chocolate in Norway:
- See All Cheap air tickets to/from Norway
- See All Cheapest beer in Norway
- See All Drinking and alcohol in Norway
- See All Norwegian State Railways Oslo to Gjøvik
- See All Bring drinks!
- See All Tired of E6? Divert over...
- Nightlife, ship, hotel, restaurant and...
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Norway?Share Your Travels