Private Home: "Cold night in Mostar" Top 5 Page for this destination Mostar Hotel Tip by acemj

Mostar Hotels: 62 reviews and 84 photos

my cold room!
by acemj

When I arrived at the bus station in Mostar, there were no ladies offering rooms as I so easily found in Croatia. So, I asked the people at the ticket window if there was someone who knew about a room. What I should have asked was "is there anyone who speaks English?" Well, I had no luck with that, but between some Slavic words, some French and some German I was able to ascertain that there might be a room open if I followed a lady that suddenly appeared from behind the counter.

We made our way through a despressing landscape of cement apartments and up a steep hill into a neighborhood still showing many scars from the recent war. When we arrived at the house, the lady rang the doorbell, but no one answered. We waited a few minutes and then the lady said to me, "moment, moment" and ran off back down the hill. It was cold out, but the view from up there was good, so I waited. About fifteen minutes later, she came back breathing heavily having just run down the hill and back up. Somehow she had acquired a key and was able to let me in.

(continued below)

Price Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Other

• Updated Feb 26, 2004

More Hotels in Mostar (1)

“Be a life savor(er)”