Restaurant Hvide Falk: "Greenland seafood and game buffet" Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Restaurant Tip by Saagar
Greenland Restaurants: 3 reviews and 2 photos
The restaurant, located in the Hotel Hvide Falk, serves a Greenland Buffet once a week aimed at all Ilulissat visitors. Most tables have Icefjord views
They serve up traditional Inuit dishes and more continentally influenced dishes based on wild game (musk ox, reindeer, whale, seal, grouse and sea birds) and sea food (halibut, redfish, arctic char, wolf fish etc.) with condiments and desserts. An explanation of the various dishes is offered by the restaurant staff.
This buffet gives you a chance to taste rather exotic foodstuffs you cannot have many other places and tuck into whatever you fancy most. Nothing for vegetarians, but fantastic for others.
Favorite Dish: Smoked slices of minke whale - very tender and full-tasting.
Fish dishes generally very well prepared.
Address: Hotel Hvide Falk, Ilulissat
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Walk from the town centre crossroad toward the church and hospital; on your right hand before reaching the hospital.
More Reviews (51)
- See All Travel agency specializing on Greenland
- See All Can't affort a polar bear skin?
- See All Net resources for East Greenland
- See All Travel agencies specializing in...
- See All Great pastels
- See All Convenient and good in Ilulissat
- See All While in transit in Copenhagen...
- See All Slippery slick rock
- See All Hiking maps for Greenland
- See All Kayaking on Greenland
- Dubious Tourist Information Offices
- Midnight sun hike
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Greenland?Share Your Travels
Top Greenland hotels