"The People of the Altai Republic" Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Local Custom Tip by darthmilmo
Russia Local Customs: 157 reviews and 197 photos
I can't help but write about the friendly people we met these last few weeks while we toured the Altai Republic. The Altai people are really friendly and nice. They have a distinct Asian background coming from as far away as Mongolia. At times, however, I did notice some of them even had some Japanese roots. They always seem to be smiling and enjoying life, unlike the other Russians we had met. The Altai people are a perfect complement to the beautiful awe-inspiring landscape in the Altai Mountain region. The towering peaks are definitely worth the effort of getting there. When in the Altai, you will notice that both the tourists and other Russians alike seem to be more friendly and cheerful. Perhaps is the peaceful scenery.
More Local Customs in Russia (11)
More Reviews (77)
- See All Money
- See All Fishing
- Dictionary and Phrasebook (both)
- See All You'll bound to shope at a Magazin
- See All Hydrofoil in Lake Baikal
- See All Departure day: Check-in and Passport...
- Inflated Tourist Prices
- TUNGUSKA: A Journey into Siberia's...
- See All Sunset at Lake Teletskoe
- See All Largest Hotel in Europe
- See All Shchashchikla (meat on a stick)
- See All South Lake Baikal and Irkutsk
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Have you been to Russia?Share Your Travels