"Askoldova mohyla (Askold's grave)" Kiev Things to Do Tip by IngaA
Kiev Things to Do: 458 reviews and 987 photos
The grave of Askold, one of the last brothers princes, Kiy's descendants.
In year of 882 Varyag (Viking) prince Oleg came top Kyiv and took a throne here. Askold and his brother Dir were murdered.
Askold is supposed to bew burried on the hill near Dnipro river. In XIX centure the rotunda church was built on that place. It was destroyed in 30ies of XX century in the framework of "anti-religious" campaign of the communist power. Rebuilt recently.
Address: Parkova alley
Directions: not far from Ploscha Slavy (Glory square), Pechersk district.
More Reviews (35)
- See All Have to visit someone local? Come hungry...
- See All Kyiv museums
- See All Cosy Tavern near Golden Gate
- See All Dynamo Kyiv champion
- See All Proverbial and anedotical Ukrainian...
- See All Driving at winter time
IngaA's Related Pages
Have you been to Kiev?Share Your Travels