"Train 3rd class (platskartny)" Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Transportation Tip by darthmilmo
Russia Transportation: 116 reviews and 126 photos
That night, we took a night train in the platskartny wagon class; which is the 3rd class night train. You basically share a bed with about 55 other folks all crammed inside this smelly dirty train car. It wasn't that bad actually. We made it safe and sound to Moscow the next morning. Among the minor incidents that evening included a loud discussion with some Babushkas that forced us to move our luggage around. Then, in the middle of the night, I was awoken and forced to move beds since the bed I had taken was already book by someone else. I thought that I was being a nice guy switching beds with a lady that had taken over my bed on top, but in the end the attendant had sold her my ticket and then kicked me out to another smaller bed in the other end of the train. Phew! What an adventure...hehehe!
More Reviews (79)
- See All Money
- See All Fishing
- Dictionary and Phrasebook (both)
- See All Typical Russian hand signs and gestures
- See All You'll bound to shope at a Magazin
- See All Departure day: Check-in and Passport...
- Inflated Tourist Prices
- TUNGUSKA: A Journey into Siberia's...
- See All Sunset at Lake Teletskoe
- See All Largest Hotel in Europe
- See All Shchashchikla (meat on a stick)
- See All South Lake Baikal and Irkutsk
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Have you been to Russia?Share Your Travels