"Automatic car" United States of America Transportation Tip by Djinn76
United States of America Transportation: 240 reviews and 257 photos
If you have to rent a car, most probably you will receive one with automatic gears! This could be quite surprising if you are used to manual gear. First trick that may be useful: the car won?t start if you don?t push first the brake.
Another advise but to the US drivers now : don?t follow too closely one of this freaking European with his brand new rental car! As soon as he thinks he has to change gear, he will try to push on the clutch but since there is none, he will push the brake instead and the car will violently brake! At the beginning, I?ve done it a couple of time but luckily without any consequence.
Here is what I understood :
- Park : when parking your car, you won?t get the key back if the gear is not in this position.
- Reverse: How to go rearward
- Neutral : nothing happens
- Drive : that?s the position you?ll use most frequently
- 1-2 : not too clear, that is first and second gear, may be useful for steep street
Now there is also one more notion, the ?Overdrive? nut I?m not too sure what this is supposed to do. That could block the last gear?
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Transportation in United States of America (7)
More Reviews (8)
Djinn76's Related Pages
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels