"Jack London Square" Parks / Squares Tip by cvilla007
Parks / Squares, Oakland: 10 reviews and 25 photos
Okay, I used to think that Jack London Square was touristy. That was before I lived in Oakland. Now that I don't live in Oakland, I miss it. I miss the square. The cool Barnes & Noble, drinking my coffee on the veranda overlooking the square & the sailboats, the trains constantly roaring behind me.
On Sunday there is an open Farmer's Market. Live music almost every weekend.
You probably couldn't spend a whole day there, but there's always cool stuff to see at the square. Here are my favorites:
* The Cinema - nice theatre, stadium seating
* Yoshii's Sushi & Jazz - a great sushi restaurant & probably the premier Jazz venue in the greater SF area.
* Kincaid's Seafood - it's a chain restaurant, but one of the best seafood restaurants I've been too.
* Jack's Bistro - haven't eaten there, but there's a really nice cafe & there is live music now & then. Saw a great Latin Jazz act there on a Friday night.
* Barnes & Noble - miss hanging out at the cafe.
* Heinold's First & Last Chance - this is one of the smallest bars and the floor is tilted, so either way you're walking drunk. Jack London used to drink here, this place is that old.
Directions: Go south on Broadway until you see it.
More Things to Do in Oakland (1)
More Reviews (12)
- See All An old comfy place in Rockridge
- Cal football game
- See All Nice place in downtown to eat for lunch
- See All If you're on a budget
cvilla007's Related Pages
Have you been to Oakland?Share Your Travels