"Sunbathing on Wooden Planks" Beaches Tip by Pink_Pash

Beaches, Sorrento: 12 reviews and 22 photos

I was set on seeing beautiful wave lapped beaches that ran for kilometers unend. What I saw when I finally got to an area where I could glimpse at the beach was deep plunging cliffs with extraordinary views toward what most definitely was the Costiera Amalfitana. Take your time viewing the ocean and then take a hike down to the "beach".
I place the word "beach" in quotations because its actually a pier type construction with many a lounging chaise for you to sunbathe. There are rooms where you may change clothes and there are showers, but be forewarned, there is a charge to take the elevator that will eliminate the climb or descent and then there is a charge to get into the "beach". I was not prepared for this so I had to rummage through my pockets for the appropriate amount (it's not much so do not be alarmed).
Another thing you must do in Sorrento is visit the many shops that sell bottles of Limoncello; a popular "digestivo" (after dinner drink for digestive help). Many shoppe owners claim their Limoncello to be the best, so what I decided to do was, to be the judge of that. So I tasted, and tasted, and tasted. I also went into the "creme" territory of this delicious lemon liqueur. I sampled creme di limoni, meloni, fragola, etc... they were all divine; so I purchased a bottle of each of the cremes and two of the limoncello (one for the good folks at the Hostel of the Sun and another for the good folks at home awaiting my return). Visit the shoppes, visit the beach, visit everything you can visit. But don't ride the horse drawn carriege (waste of money) unless you are a terribly romantic person or you are on your honeymoon (I was neither of the previously mentioned, so my judgement my be biased if not a little "bitter" shall I say).
Enjoy Sorrento to the maximum, it's a small town with great many treasures to discover.

Address: Go out, explore, there are no true directions...
Directions: Walk or take a cab from the train station to the first main street of I guess "the downtown area" and venture into the shoppes or follow the signs that lead you towards the "spiaggia" (beach) or head towards the endless passages of shoppes.
Website: http://www.sorrentodreaming.com/what-to-see/beaches-of-sorrento/

• Written Feb 16, 2004

Comments

Pink_Pash

“Get up and go”

Have you been to Sorrento?