"Gezira State" Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Things to Do Tip by mafi_moya
Sudan Things to Do: 80 reviews and 109 photos
If you want to experience the true Sudanese hospitality and traditional rural life then come to Gezira. At least that's what people from Gezira say anyway!
This is the agricultural centre of Sudan, a fertile triangle between the Blue and White Niles, just south of Khartoum, most famous for its cotton. Friendly villages, green fields, and the delightfully quaint old town of Wad Medani are the main reasons to come.
Whenever I was sick of Khartoum this was an ideal escape - relaxing and laid back and a very different experience, yet just a few hours away. See my Gezira page for a bit more.
More Things to Do in Sudan (15)
More Reviews (36)
- See All Season of Migration to the North
- See All Insha'allah Airlines!
- See All Clicking your fingers, Oi You!
- See All Find out some more about Sudan...
- See All Looks better on the animal...
- In this heat! Are you mad?
- See All Need a sugar fix? Go Turkish!
- See All Getting ill - health care
- See All Just turn up!
- See All Illegal substances! If you really need a...
- 99% of the country
- The world's only horizontal waterfall!
mafi_moya's Related Pages
Have you been to Sudan?Share Your Travels