Seashell Seafood Restaurant and Market: "CLOSED Not sure about the recommendation *sigh*" Top 5 Page for this destination Seashell Seafood Restaurant and Market Tip by CdnJane

Seashell Seafood Restaurant
by CdnJane

One of my friends raved about this place as having the best fish & chips in Toronto. When we went, well ... it was definitely a seafood market too... long counter of seafood to buy, the prerequisite fish tank and lobster tank... and it smelled of seafood. The decor left much to be desired, but I know that often the best food comes in dowdy restaurants.
We ordered the fish & chips, and I was quite pleased to note that it was halibut, which I enjoy. When it came, the helpings were large, and the batter was plenty. It was a little too big a chunk of halibut, and waaaay too much batter. Would've rather had 2 pieces of fish made up of all that was in the one. The chips (fries) were a little too greasy. I enjoyed the fish more than my husband... he wasn't a big fish eater, and his idea of fish & chips was "battered fish fingers". (You know, the stuff that could be made of anything... but definitely no named fish!)
If you're staying at the North York Novotel, this is an easy 5 minute (maybe more, depending on the traffic lights) walk from the hotel.

Favorite Dish: As described, the fish serving was large. The coleslaw (cabbage salad) was excellent, and the service was great.

Address: 6197 Yonge Street, North York
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: On 2nd block north of Empress Avenue, on the east side of Yonge. Think there is only street parking, I've only walked there.
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Seafood

• Updated Feb 15, 2004

CdnJane Used To Live Here!

“"Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination." - Roy M. Goodman”

Have you been to Toronto?