Seashell Seafood Restaurant and Market: "CLOSED Not sure about the recommendation *sigh*" Top 5 Page for this destination Seashell Seafood Restaurant and Market Tip by CdnJane
Seashell Seafood Restaurant and Market, Toronto: 1 reviews and 1 photos
One of my friends raved about this place as having the best fish & chips in Toronto. When we went, well ... it was definitely a seafood market too... long counter of seafood to buy, the prerequisite fish tank and lobster tank... and it smelled of seafood. The decor left much to be desired, but I know that often the best food comes in dowdy restaurants.
We ordered the fish & chips, and I was quite pleased to note that it was halibut, which I enjoy. When it came, the helpings were large, and the batter was plenty. It was a little too big a chunk of halibut, and waaaay too much batter. Would've rather had 2 pieces of fish made up of all that was in the one. The chips (fries) were a little too greasy. I enjoyed the fish more than my husband... he wasn't a big fish eater, and his idea of fish & chips was "battered fish fingers". (You know, the stuff that could be made of anything... but definitely no named fish!)
If you're staying at the North York Novotel, this is an easy 5 minute (maybe more, depending on the traffic lights) walk from the hotel.
Favorite Dish: As described, the fish serving was large. The coleslaw (cabbage salad) was excellent, and the service was great.
Address: 6197 Yonge Street, North York
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: On 2nd block north of Empress Avenue, on the east side of Yonge. Think there is only street parking, I've only walked there.
More Restaurants in Toronto (41)
More Reviews (69)
- See All CN Tower at Night
- See All Have a Friend with a Yacht Club...
- See All Catch glimpses of the Past and Present...
- See All Tim Horton's Coffee - Its the Canadian...
- See All Direction Signs on Exiting Subway...
- See All Pay Attention to Construction Sites
- See All Another Autumn Shot from my balcony
- See All Good Conference Location in North...
- See All Seems pretty popular
- See All Canada Day Goes Country
- Oh Dear! What should I bring
- Make Sure You've Settled on a Price
CdnJane's Related Pages
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels