"An overview of Sweden...." Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Favorite Tip by sim1

Sweden General: 181 reviews and 180 photos

Hiking in the fjällen
by sim1

Favorite thing:
Sweden is a huge country, and that makes that there are a lot of different regions you can visit. For example you can enjoy the fantastic views over the blue sea with its wonderful coastlines; escape the hustle and bustle of every day life by going to one of the many lonely islands; visit the beautiful city of Stockholm; sail and canoe on one of the many lakes; see many historical sites that bring the past back to life, or enjoy the amazing nature and the mountains in the north. I hope these next tips will make it a bit easier for you to choose which part of Sweden to visit, or plan a tour through this fantastic country.

But before I start writing this part of my page, I want to give you an idea of what to expect in these general tips.

* National Parks of Sweden. First of all I want to start of with mentioning all the National Parks of Sweden. I?ll give you links to the corresponding travel pages where you can read all about these fantastic nature areas.

* Sweden in Regions. Finally I will give an overview of Sweden in regions. I am using a map to show you the regions of Sweden, which can sometimes include several provinces / counties. I?ll describe them from south to north.

These general tips are not only written by me, I have to thank Åke for helping me so much with this part of my page. He has put most of the work into it, I couldn?t have done it without him! He has lived in Sweden for all his life, travelled around the country a lot, and thus knows quite a bit about Sweden. His knowledge and passion for this beautiful country, combined with our dreams of travelling around and discovering more of Sweden, has lead to writing this overview of Sweden. I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as Åke and me enjoyed writing it! :-)

• Updated Oct 17, 2005

Comments

sim1 Lives Here!

sim1