"Cairns-Cape Trib-Mossman Gorge-Port Douglas tour" Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Things to Do Tip by darthmilmo

Australia Things to Do: 1,336 reviews and 2,265 photos

Jungle in the Daintree National Park
by darthmilmo

As much as I liked Cap Trib, I took off the next day to the lovely resort town of Port Douglas. En route, we stopped on several occasions. As we were leaving the jungle, we spotted a wild Cassowary crossing the road. The bus moved on and right outside Cape Trib it stopped at the Alexandra Lookout, where we got to see the Daintree River Delta. The view was amazing with many outlaying islands and forests seen from above.

Our next stop was at the beautiful Mossman Gorge. We stopped here for about an hour as we walked the track to the waterhole and waterfall. The path follows the river more or less across a dense beautiful jungle with tons of trees, moss, and ferns. I hiked with a German girl and as usual we were both the last on the bus :). The highlight of the trek was walking across a suspended bridge that crossed high above the river below. As a child, I started to rock the bridge a bit, an act that wasn't popular with the other older tourists crossing the bridge :).

The bus stops at Port Douglas for a few hours before returning to Cape Trib. I chose to stay in Port Douglas for the night.

The Cairns ? Cape Tribulation ? Port Douglas tour is for sale all over Cairns. The trick for a good deal is to take the backpacker package. Do remember to ask for a discount though.. They tours range from 1 day to multiple days. They set you up on backpacker accommodations in Port Douglas. I?d suggest two nights in Cape Trib and one night in Port Douglas. You can sometimes extent your stay if you love either place.

• Written Feb 8, 2004

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”

Have you been to Australia?