The Italian Connection: "My Favourite Eats!" The Italian Connection Tip by JeanSyn

The Italian Connection, Dublin: 1 reviews and 0 photos

This is my favourite restaurant in Dublin. My Fiance and I go there for Birthdays, Valentine's day, special occasions, and basically any time we get hungry!
The food is absolutely mavelous and is probably the best value you can find in Dublin.
The only problem is its size-its a very small establishment, so the ideal thing is to either ring or go straight in and make reservations.
I wouldn't advise walking in off the street and expecting a table-they've literally only got about 20 tables, and for groups, it's definitly necessary to book in advance.
The staff are extremely friendly, the waitresses change every 2 weeks or so, but they are always kind and quick to serve!
The manageress even knows us now and has a table for us when she recognises our names on the books! They even know what we order!
Its also very romantic and quiet for those special nights with candle lit dinners!

Favorite Dish: 'Penne Cacciatora'
My personal favourite! Pasta with smoked ham, chicken and mushroom in red wine tomato sauce. Absolutely mouth watering! I wish i was there now!!!
Also try the Banoffi or Gelati desserts (almond flavour ice cream in the Gelati is delicious!) and their simple garlic- or parma ham-topped breads for starters-its nearly a meal in itself!
Excellent for pizza, choice of wine and other alchohol beverages.

Address: Talbot Street
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Connelly Street train station-go straight from its entrance to about halfway down talbot street. its a couple of doors down from the 'Irish Life' shopping mall.
othercontact: Listed in phone book
Phone: +353 (0)1 878 7125
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian

• Written Jan 29, 2004

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.