"Get out and see friends!" The Tara Tip by goingplaces

The Tara, Amsterdam: 9 reviews and 8 photos

Me and Martin
by goingplaces

The Tara is a great pub I saw on my first visit to Amsterdam and finally made it to on my third visit. It is pure Irish, from the green on the walls to the Guinness on tap. It is, like so many places in Amsterdam, deceptively huge. You can see just a few tables from the front windows, but walk in and discover just how far back the bar goes. The waitstaff is quite friendly, and there is even a working fireplace with rocking chairs for those chilly spring nights. And Guinness...there is nothing wrong with that!

I happened to visit The Tara during a mini-VT Meeting, in which my traveling companions and I hooked up with Martin_NL. He joined us after leaving work on a Sunday evening, and I thank him profusely for the hours of great conversation. It was the most fun I've had in Amsterdam.

Dress Code: Dress code? I didn't notice there being much of one, but I at least recommend you wearing shoes. Pants and a shirt don't hurt either! ; )

Address: Rokin 85-89, Amsterdam
Directions: Keep Centraal Station and Dam Square to your back. The Tara will be a few doors down on your left.
Phone: 0031 (0)20 421 26 54
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.thetara.com

• Updated Jan 30, 2004

“Letting life get in the way of travel....”

Have you been to Amsterdam?