"Guinness Brewery; a side track" Guinness Brewery Tip by Kentbein

Guinness Brewery, Dublin: 16 reviews and 15 photos

St. James Gate Brewery, Dublin
by Kentbein

Favorite thing: There's no easy transition with my photographs from the Liberties to the Brewery, which was my next stop during the day's exploration, so I'm just going to take a heavy handed approach and insert the Brewery here.

St. Patrick's is closer to the Liberties than the Brewery, but there's no easy way to take you to the Brewery from here in my tour, so take a break and I'll transport us across a short space and time from the Liberties to......St. James gate brewery and astory of Arthur Guinness.

Fondest memory: The Brewery is a short walk from Christ Church down High Street, to Cornmarket Street, then Thomas Street West.

If you do walk this route, one note to help navigate is that all of these streets are essentially on the same thoroughfare, but keeping to the Dubliner penchant for dual, triplicate, quadruple and quintuple nomenclature, this little eight block stroll leads you down the same street with three different name changes.

The only place I recall where I needed to take a bearing though, was the intersection of Cornmarket, Bridge Street and High Street. There is a broad intersection here, so pull out your map if walking. Head west.

• Updated Jan 27, 2004

“laissez les bons temps rouler”

Have you been to Dublin?