"Amazing Views From The Top Of The CAMPANILE" Campanile di San Marco Tip by Krystynn
Campanile di San Marco, Venice: 155 reviews and 292 photos
The CAMPANILE - a 99 meters high bell tower is actually the oldest building on Piazza San Marco.
Construction work on the Campanile started as early as in the 9th century. However, the whole structure collapsed on July 14,1902. Thankfully, nobody was killed or injured except for the caretaker's poor cat!
In 1912, a completely rebuilt Campanile was opened to the public.
For tourists, you can take an elevator right to the top of the tower for a panoramic view over the entire city of Venice. You won't regret it.
Address: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia, Italy
Directions: Located in St. Mark's Square north of Laguna Veneta
Phone: +39 041 2708311
More Things to Do in Venice (14)
More Reviews (33)
- Tourist Trap? You Must Be Kidding!
- See All An Inexpensive Hotel Near The Grand...
- See All CARNEVALE: All For One & One For All!
- Souvenir Shopping!
- See All The Most Talked-About Restaurant In...
- See All Handsome Venetian Men & Tour Guides ;-)
- See All The Magical Venetian Glasses From MURANO
- I Need Help With My Packing!! ;-p
- See All Places of Interest + Tourists =...
- MARCO POLO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- See All Gambling At The Casino...
Been to Venice?Share your travels with the world!
Krystynn's Related Pages
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels