Keith's: "Steaks/chops/Italian" Top 5 Page for this destination Whiting Restaurant Tip by Dabs

Whiting Restaurants: 9 reviews and 3 photos

Last visit November 2010

There aren't many places to eat in Whiting, it's only a town of 5,000 after all. Keith's (named after the owner Scott Keith) is Whiting's "fine dining" restaurant but don't worry it's not pretentious and you would feel at home even wearing jeans.

The bar is well stocked and I hear they have a good wine list (not my thing), the bartender makes a delicious chocolate martini and a pretty mean Long Island ice tea. Good thing we don't have far to go after an evening out here!

There are lots of regulars who hang out here and it can sometimes be hard to get a table on the weekends. It's very convenient for us, so close we could even walk home should we have too many martinis, we come here at least once every couple of months.

Favorite Dish: Keith's is known for it's steaks, we started going there for their penne porcini which is no longer on the menu, but I can always find something good to eat here.

On recent visits we have tried several excellent dishes-fried calamari and saganaki for appetizers, if ribs are on the special menu, the portion is huge and delicious, the grilled lamb with cucumber sauce ordered medium rare was perfect, their ribeye and strip steaks rank up with the best steaks in Chicagoland. My husband also enjoys their pasta special which is tricolor pasta with sun dried tomatoes and sausage and I've had their delicious seafood pasta several times.

Address: 1872 Indianapolis Blvd
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Corner of Indianapolis and 119th Street
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Other

• Updated Nov 7, 2010

Comments

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Whiting?