"On the River Ouse" Abbey Guest House Tip by hayward68

Abbey Guest House, York: 342 reviews and 1 photos

Abbey Guest House
by hayward68

This small but comfortable guesthouse is located on the banks of the River Ouse. It's actually one of two guesthouses owned by the same people, the 2nd being the Riverside Walk Guest House located a couple of doors down. It's a very basic accommodation, nothing luxury but perfectly adequate.
My room was a single with sink, the shower and toilet being shared by others on the floor, however it was right beside my room so very convenient.
The room had a clock and television as well as tea and coffee making facilities. It also looked out onto the pay car park in the back. However there is another car park beside the guest house which you can use for free. I imagine rooms at the front would be a bit nicer as they'd have a view of the river.
The guest house is located beside the railway tracks so the noise of this might bother some people, though it didn't bother me.
Because I arrived off-season and the guest house wasn't full, residents of the Abbey Guest House ate their breakfast at the Riverside Walk Guesthouse, but as I've said it's only two doors down. I liked that the breakfast there was a help yourself type so you could grab what you wanted and avoid anything you didn't want.
My single room without ensuite was ?25 including breakfast.

Unique Qualities: Since it's riverside some rooms would have great views. It's also situated within easy walking distance of most of the attractions in York. It's quite a nice stroll alongside the river into town.

Address: 14 Earlsborough Terr., , York, England YO3 7BQ
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Behind the carpark off Frederic St, near MaryGate.
Phone: 01904 627782
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://www.abbeyguesthouseyork.co.uk/

• Updated Apr 6, 2006

Comments

hayward68

“I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away”

Have you been to York?