"British Airways actually makes some money..." Top 5 Page for this destination Coca-Cola London Eye Tip by sourbugger
Coca-Cola London Eye, London: 353 reviews and 575 photos
The London Eye was the brainchild of British Airways - and was built for the Millenium celebrations. It was ceratinly much more successful than the silly tent that Blair and his cronies built in Greenwich and filled with detritus.
At Thirteen pounds a 'flight', I suspect that BA probably make more per seat than they do on any of their actual planes.
They also have a range of more 'upmarket' range of products available with choccies and champagne etc. People have been married in them, and I also suspect more than a few have attempted to join the 'mile high' club (well a couple of hundred feet anyway) in one.
P.S If You click on the picture you will find a poem about a flight on the eye, from the poems on the Underground series.
Despite being the most popular tourist attraction in the U..K it still contrives to lose money, due to crippling interest payments.
The press have recently speculated that the wheel is speeded up in July and August to cram in a few more revolutions per day.
Address: Waterloo, SE1
Directions: Waterloo tube
Phone: +44 (0)871 781 3000
More Reviews (218)
- See All Will this work on oxford street ?
- See All Museum of childhood
- See All Get 7 million pounds for free !
- See All WHAT A BARGAIN !!!
- See All Who need's illegal drugs ?
- See All A mark of a civilised society
- See All Can we have our Skylon back please ?
- See All Just do as it says on the door.
- See All Fireman Sam Strikes again
- See All Sourbugger's guide to London's...
- See All Another tirade against the wax works...
- Why am I writing this ? I must be sad or...
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels