"Alcatraz Island - Another Popular Tourist Spot" Alcatraz Tip by karenincalifornia
Alcatraz, San Francisco: 292 reviews and 488 photos
Popular with tourists, interesting if you enjoy dank prison cells, examining tiny holes that maximum security convicts cut in their attempts to escape. I kept looking for Burt Lancaster and his pigeons.
For the REAL tip, and take note, book your trip to Alcatraz on the 2:00 pm ferry on Sat. of Fleet Week (mid October of each year). You'll have the BEST spot in the house for the Fleet Week air show. We did that once, unknowingly, and it was the best part of the trip to Alcatraz - we saw the Blue Angels, stealth bombers and fighter jets fly directly overhead.
Address: In the middle of San Fracisco Bay
Directions: Alcatraz is reached by ferries of the Blue and Gold fleet from Pier 41
Phone: Blue & Gold (415) 705-5555
More Reviews (60)
- See All BART
- See All Great food in the middle of a nutty...
- See All Farmers in the Big City
- See All Always a cause
- See All Shopping Cart Population Explosion
- See All Take a long walk on a long pier
- See All Panoramic views from Corona Heights
- See All Great theatre in a fun community
- Pier 39 - This is a FAKE Pier!
- See All Go Ape
- Small Hotels in San Francisco
Been to San Francisco?Share your travels with the world!
karenincalifornia's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels